In Martinique, the currency is the Euro, the same as in the European Union, since it is an overseas region of France. American dollars are still accepted, as are traveler’s checks and credit cards.
Currency exchange offices:
- CHANGE CARAIBE
- 4 rue Ernest Deproge – 97200 FORT DE FRANCE
- Open from Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Open on Saturdays from 8 am to 12:30 pm
- t: + 596 596 60 28 40
- POINT CHANGE
- 14 rue Victor Hugo – 97200 FORT DE FRANCE
- t: + 596 596 60 35 56
- MARTINIQUE CHANGE
- 137, rue Victor Hugo – 97200 FORT DE FRANCE
- t: + 596 596 63 80 33
Generally open from 7:30 AM to noon and from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM weekdays.
ATMs are available. Fees may apply.
How much tip should I give?
Restaurants generally add a 15% service charge to all bills, which you can supplement if you think the service is outstanding. Some hotels also add a 10% service charge to your bill. Tip taxi drivers at least 15% of the fare.